Shedding My Hide...




Shedding My Hide...




13 February 2011

Chicken Amore!


I got this recipe from my friend Kathy, who got it from HungryGirl.com and then I amended it for myself.
So, the way that I made it, it's...
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenderized until flat (approx 4 oz)
salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil
1 portobella mushroom, sliced
2 Laughing Cow Light Swiss Wedges
1 cup Amy's Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque (Light in Sodium if you can find it)
1/2 cup of Fage Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
After the chicken has been beaten flat/tenderized, season to taste with the salt, pepper, garlic, and onion.
Cook the portabello slices in a pan on med-high heat for about 4 min on each side, until soft, (using non-stick spray).
Spread 1 Laughing Cow wedge a piece on the underside of each chicken breast and sprinkle with basil, then lay slices of cooked portabello over the top.
Tightly roll the chicken breasts, with the filling inside and fasten with toothpicks. 
Place rolled chicken breasts in casserole dish and cover with foil, cooking for 15 minutes.
Remove foil and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, combine the Tomato Bisque, Fat Free Greek Yogurt and italian seasonings and place in microwave safe bowl.  
When chicken is done and removed from oven, cook sauce until warm (1-3 minutes depending on your microwave, in 1 min increments, stirring in between)

This recipe is absolutely to die for...
Kathy put spinach in the filling as well and said it was great that way.
The HG recipe included roast red peppers in the filling but I skipped on those.  
It truly is delicious and made this way, it has
261 cal
6.3 g fat
14 net carbs
34 g protein
If I had the calories to spend, I would have paired this with Shiratake Tofu Spaghetti noodles for only an extra 40 cal... and for Cedric, it will top a bed of Barilla Plus Spaghetti noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment