Shedding My Hide...




Shedding My Hide...




14 October 2010

Getting My Stride Back

Day 9

Today was the first day I felt "normal" again.  I enjoyed a delicious steak dinner at Jake and Ashley's last night, that was truly a treat.  Yesterday was also the first day being on the new Rx and today I could really feel the difference.  I didn't feel like I was starving today and I didn't feel like I was about to waste away to nothing.  I had energy and felt sustained.
I was able to get on my floors in the hospital today and felt present like I hadn't felt lately.  I am "doing" a lot lately, and it was nice to be able to take a seat and "be" in the room with another person, and let time get away from me.  I wasn't interrupted my my grumbling tummy, or thoughts of an upcoming interview or appointment... We were so engaged that my patient ignored her phone ringing and said "I don't want to answer that right now.  I just want to talk to you."  I was even 1/2 an hour late to my seminar because I ignored my pager as she had invited me to do by ignoring her phone.  I love my job and I love that I was feeling well enough today to be re-drawn to my ministry.
I'm looking forward to feeling even better as I begin to shed a little more of the "hide" I 've been hiding in and begin to uncover more of the me that God created.

New note to self on my bathroom mirror:

                                                      "You are a beautiful child of God.  Love yourself like it!"

Breakfast: AdvantEdge protein shake (110 cal; 1 carb)

Lunch: 12 slices of deli meat (90 cal; 2 carbs) filled with Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges (Queso Fresco & Chipotle) (x2=70 cal; 4 carbs) and a Breakstone's Cottage Cheese (90 cal; 6 carbs)

For Dinner: "Fajita Salad"
3 oz Chicken Breast (90 cal)
1/4 c. Fage Non-fat Green Yogurt (30 cal; 2 carbs)
2 c. raw spiniach
2 tbsp salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment