Shedding My Hide...




Shedding My Hide...




20 May 2011

Stress Eating Keeps Me Stuck

Wow... so it's been a loooong time... probably because weight loss is not going so well... I'm just sort of hanging in the balance... everyday I have to start over... last week I only lost 0.2 lbs but at least it was a loss...
I am trying all the recommended "tricks"...
trying new foods... changing things up... using my weekly points plus on weekends or special occasions instead of spreading them out over the week. 
My new favorite veggie treat is butternut squash fries... they're fantastic.  You just cut up a squash in fry-like pieces, spray the pan with olive oil cooking spray, spread the fries out, spray the tops with a little olive oil cooking spray and season (I use a little garlic salt and cayenne pepper). 
I've changed up breakfast... sometimes it's steel cut oats with dried fruit, sometimes its eggs, sometimes its an english muffin with PB2, sometimes I go back to my old faithful strawberry banana protein smoothie...
I've been bringing my lunch to work so I'm not tempted to eat whatever sounds good in the cafeteria, ie. PIZZA... 
I've been riding my bike to work...
But I haven't had the drive to get to the gym... and when I get home... I snack... lots of fruits mostly, but that doesn't help with weight loss... So the journey continues... I'm ready to conquer this stress hump and get moving again! 

1 comment: