Shedding My Hide...




Shedding My Hide...




24 December 2010

Catch Up!

It's been a long time since I've written.  I guess I have been a little busy.  Since I last wrote, a lot has happened that I won't even try to catch up on... so I will just skip the previous week and go straight for this week...
Thursday afternoon, during my noon-time workout, after getting off my 28 hr shift at the hospital, I lost my step on the treadmill, sprained my ankle, and went soaring off the back of the treadmill.  It was very attractive I can assure you... but it definitely complicated my plans for finishing moving furniture around the house and cleaning... of course I did finish... because we all know how hard-headed I am... but it hurt like crazy!  I did, however, save the curtain-hanging for my helpful brother and sister-in-law, because I decided that I would really like to be able to walk on stage for my hooding Saturday.
Friday, Alicia and Jack and Grammy and Mom and Dad all came to town.  I picked up Grammy from the train station Friday at noon and we went to lunch, checked her in to her Bed and Breakfast and then went shopping for some smaller clothes... I wanted something nice (that fits) for graduation.  I got a cute new sweater/dress, a purple lacy "dress", a jean jacket, a perfect little black dress, and a few colorful camis!  It was very exciting.  Then I took her back to the B&B for a nap and I went home to finish getting things picked up and get some things ready for Saturday's party.  Jacob and Ashley came over and hung the last of the curtains before anyone saw my newly "refurbished" home!  Mom and Dad picked Grammy up and came over to the house.  Jack and Alicia arrived later in the evening.  It was so great to have so many of the people I love there in my home!
Saturday, I woke up early with Alicia and Jack and we got to play... and then I celebrated my graduation from seminary... finally... with my family and friends and mentors and one wise supervisor present at the hooding.  It was a refreshing feeling to be there, to know that it was the culmination of six and half years of sleepless paper-writing nights, and tearful breakdowns in the basement bathroom at Brite upon hearing another "no" to scheduling debacles of perpetual ridiculosity (like my made up word?)!  No more day trips to Tulsa. No more frustrating battles with curriculum criteria.


The weekend was full of family excitement and joyful laughter and tears.  We had a small get-together at my house where I whipped up some of my killer chili and some fat-free-tastic dips with veggies and crackers.  Jack was the hit of the party and the ice cream on the cake... the best kind... calorie free!
It was wonderful and perfect and only could have been better if everyone that wanted to be there could have been there... but it isn't the last celebration... and I look forward to the next big celebration.  I guess it's time to start planning for that one!  Ordination!
Sunday, everyone went home... and life went back to normal... and Monday came around and it was time to go back to work... Tues I woke up in the sleep room and didn't feel quite right as I got ready to run home and let Lillie out before pre-op rounds and before I could get all the way down the parking garage I was puking... I made it home and continued with the sickness and had to call Candace, balled up on my couch, and tell her I wasn't going to make it back.  Needless to say, Tuesday was not fun.  After sleeping a bit, I got up around noon and thought I would make it through my weigh-in... I lost another 3 lbs this week... and then by the time I got home, I'm pretty sure I lost another couple.
Wednesday I slept it off in the morning and then by evening I was feeling ok again... and now I'm back to my normal clumsy, limping self.
So... after two more weeks... the current total weight loss is 35.2!
Not bad for 11 weeks, I guess.  Let's see how I do this week... I'm already out of ketosis because all my body would tolerate Tuesday and Wednesday was Gatorade and saltines (thanks to Jake and Ashley)... so I have been working to get back into ketosis today.  Cedric's mom was so good to me tonight and baked me fish that was delicious and let me steal some sauteed shrimp before she added the rest to the Shrimp Alfredo!  Hopefully if I stick to protein only tomorrow too, I can get back into ketosis so I can enjoy some vegetables  and fruit on Christmas...
Peace Out for now... and if I don't get to write before Saturday... Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment