Shedding My Hide...




Shedding My Hide...




06 November 2010

Hitting the Gym

It's been difficult to find the time to hit the gym with the schedule I've had the past few months.  I work Mon 8a-Tues noon, go straight from there to my Medi appointment, then I sort of crash after a 28 hr shift and still have to get ready for school the next day.  Wed I fly to Tulsa @ 6:35a for class and fly back whenever I can that afternoon/evening.  Then I either work 8a-8p Thurs and Fri or I work 8 hrs Thurs, Fri and Sat... so each week is a little different but it's hard to find a consistent time to get to the gym, especially when the hours of operation are so limited... but today I did it!  Cedric called at 8:30 to say good morning and let me know he was safe... (he's on a boy's weekend retreat) and so I got up, got dressed and hit the gym.  I did cardio and strength training and by the time I left I realized I'd been working out for an hour and a half... it felt good.  Prior to this new hectic schedule I was getting to the gym 3-5 times a week and I was feeling good and I have felt the difference... now I have to work on working back up to where I was with endurance and strength, but I can already tell that the little bit of weight I have lost makes a difference.  I hope that I can figure out a way to incorporate working out into more of my week, because once a week isn't going to cut it.  I also hope that this helps my weight loss instead of hindering it... when I was on LA Weight Loss years ago, I was losing an average of 4-6 lbs a week and then I started to work out and plateaued.  I want to keep losing so I hope I can do it right!
Random question... Does anyone know why EVERY TIME I leave the gym after a good work out I start sneezing uncontrollably?  It's very weird!
I guess that's all for now... I will try to write on Tues after I weigh in... but I should be doing homework right now... I need to graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment