Shedding My Hide...




Shedding My Hide...




14 November 2010

Portabella Pizza

So I got this recipe from Medi for a pizza made with a Portabella mushroom cap for the crust instead of bread... i tried it and its fabulous!
So I thought I'd share it with you!

First, it says to scrape out the gills... I didn't and it was perfect so no need to do extra work. I sprinkled a little celery salt on it and then... popped it in the oven for 10 min at 425 degrees...
Then top it with 1/4 c Light Ragu No Sugar Added Tomato and Basil spaghetti sauce...
Then I added just a little Poblano Peppers that I sauteed with a bit of garlic...
... sprinkled 1/3 c Part Skim Mozerella Cheese and some crushed red pepper on top...
... cooked it another 10 min at 425 degrees...
and bon appetit!  
It was absolutely delicious... so much more flavorful than regular pizza and it fits in with my new meal plan...
Only 133 calories & 8 carbs!

For real!
It was a great treat after spending the day writing and writing and writing and writing... I am so over school and writing!  Is it over yet?
In other news... I have been in quite a fight with the scale this weekend... it is not agreeing with me at all and i am really scared about weighing in this week.  And I just realized that I can't weigh in Tues at 1 when I usually do, because we will be in Unit Evals all day... (just in case that sounds like an excuse, I would much rather go to a weigh-in than have to sit through evals... 2 full days of brutal authenticity and stress!  I will have to stay away from food and alcohol that day to avoid self-medicating to get rid of the headache that will ensue by the end of those days... so pray for me... and for those who have to be around me Tues and Thurs...)
Anyway, I have to figure out whether I want to try to go weigh in tomorrow morning before work, or wait until Wed.  Which means that I either lose a day of opportunity for weight loss this week, or next week when I have to go back to Tuesdays... This week isn't looking like a good option, but... who knows what next week will look like... any suggestions?
Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment