Shedding My Hide...




Shedding My Hide...




23 November 2010

One Day at a Time

The past week has been a difficult week... it would take way too long to explain the extent of the stressors I've had this week... so for your sake and my sanity, I won't rehash it... but needless to say it was tough... It got so bad last Thursday that I broke my diet... I ate some popcorn and some Reese's Pieces at the movie theatre... it's not like I ate a ton of either... but I ate some... and I was so miserable... I was so disgusted with myself... not only afterwards, but while I was eating it... but I ate it anyway thinking it would make me feel better... IT DIDN'T... I literally hated myself and eventually it made me quit... but
I was still convinced that I had ruined my whole week and it just stressed me out even more... on top of the ridiculousness that is my job!
But instead of throwing my hands up in the air and giving up for the week, I pulled it together and got back to my proteins for the rest of the week.  I even went to a Birthday dinner Saturday night and instead of eating at the restaurant, where I wasn't sure I could maintain my self-control, and where it's harder to calculate calories, I just enjoyed myself and ate dinner when I got home, where I could measure out my food and knew what I was putting into my body.
And... it paid off... I lost another 6 lbs of fat this week... my water went up of course, so my net loss for the week was 3.4, but I lost 6 lbs of fat...
My counselors at Medi reminded me that one day is just one day, and the point is just that... days that I don't eat right are the minimal exception... not the habit... I take it one day at a time... just like the families I work with every day...
They weren't the only ones to tell me that of course.... Christi and Cai Cai tried to tell me that Thursday night when I was considering gagging myself to throw it all up... but I couldn't hear it that night!  It's like I can't accept any weakness at all, because it may lead to more and more giving into temptation...
I didn't make myself throw up by the way... as much as I considered it!
Anyway... we're two days away from Thanksgiving... the biggest food holiday of the year... and I am thankful for my family who values healthy eating too and who supports each others food weirdness...
My sister-in-law is virtually vegan (except fish), her mom is gluten intolerant. I am on a low cal, practically carb free diet and Splenda's my new best friend... but Splenda gives my dad migraines... so we work together and are sensitive to each other's diets and all contribute.  I'm making almond cookies from almonds, egg whites, vanilla extract and Stevia which everyone will be able to eat!  I'm making Mashed Cauliflour (instead of potatoes).  Jake and Ashley are making the Turkey.  Mom's making some of our traditional holiday favorites!  I'm looking forward to it and am thankful that I don't have to feel pressured or worried to "go-off" my diet for the day.
After the past 32 hours, I am thankful for a whole lot... words can't express how much I'm thankful for today... guilty... but grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment